Request Your Free White Paper Now:
"Key Reasons and Advantages for Conducting Press Hydraulic Retrofits"
Download the new technical article to learn how upgrading legacy extrusion press hydraulic systems can dramatically improve press performance, reduce costs and extend its operational life.
With proper maintenance and life-cycle management, many extrusion presses operate productively for decades. Eventually, however, hydraulic pumps, control valves and other devices can no longer be maintained and repaired, leading to increased press downtimes and inefficient operation.
This technical article details the costs and impact of operating extrusion presses with out-of-date hydraulics. It also provides an approach to solving these challenges: retrofitting legacy hydraulics systems with a modular hydraulics replacement solution.
Today’s high-performance hydraulics technology incorporates smart technologies and connectivity that make it easier to implement Industry 4.0 capabilities such as advanced diagnostics, predictive maintenance and real-time production data collection. The article describes how these technologies offer:
- Improved speed, force and torque control with the latest “smart” servo-hydraulics
- Significantly improved hydraulic pump life cycles — up to 60,000 hours in extrusion presses
- Much less press downtime, leading to improved throughput and ROI
- Improved energy efficiency and reduced costs of maintenance and fluid leak cleanups
- Simplified modular hydraulics retrofit process: new hydraulics can often be installed in one or two days
Offered Free by: Bosch-Rexroth
See All Resources from: Bosch-Rexroth